Boat & Kayak Hire
COTTAGE POINT KIOSK & BOAT HIRE
Cottage Point is the perfect location to launch your day of adventure on the scenic waterways of Cowan River sheltered by the beautiful evergreen Kuring-gai Chase National Park. The waters are calm and protected, and are plentiful in secluded beaches, natural waterfalls, birdlife and marine life which are best discovered by boat or kayak.
The Kiosk General Store is stocked with everything you need for your day out, from fishing bait and tackle and ice to ice cream, sunscreen and cold drinks. We do takeaway coffee too! You might like to book a table for breakfast or lunch before or after your adventure, or we can package your meal to go.
- Our boats and kayaks are available for hire all year round.
- Hours of operation are 8am until 4pm.
- Bookings are essential, book online today
NO LICENCE REQUIRED
HIRING BOATS AND KAYAKS
Due to current COVID19 restrictions and marine social distancing regulations:
- Passengers must not show flu like symptoms
- If there are more than 4 people on the boat everyone MUST BE FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD IE THE SAME RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS.
- If the passengers are not from the same household, a maximum of 4 people may be onboard (with the exception of the PICNIC BOAT where 6 passengers are permitted)
If the Kiosk attendant is not satisfied that your booking fulfils this criteria the booking may be cancelled.
There is a maximum number of persons able to use the vessels. All our boats can take up to 5 people, with some accommodating up to 8. Please consider this when choosing your preferred boat and discuss the best options and COVID19 compliance with the Kiosk staff at time of booking.
Bookings are essential. We recommend bookings are made at least two days in advance.
Bookings can be made online here.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your booking start time to allow time for parking and paperwork. On weekends, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your start time.
- Let us know you have arrived by attending the Kiosk counter located upstairs in the Kiosk building.
- Once you have completed your paperwork and the payment, you will receive a briefing onboard by our Kiosk attendant. The briefing is on your time. It should take no more than 5-10mins. Your briefing is scheduled to start at your booking start time. Please note that if you are late you may have a significant wait for the next available briefing slot and this may reduce your time on the water.
- Unless a delay is the result of Kiosk operations, you will be charged from your booking start time, regardless of whether you start late or how long your briefing takes.
- If you are more than 30mins late for your booking without advising us, we will cancel the booking and release the vessel.
WHAT TO BRING:
Driver’s License or another Identification Document
Charged mobile phone so we can reach you and you can reach us on the water
Our Hire Conditions Form will need to be completed on the day by the principal vessel operator and co-signed by any additional drivers.
The form outlines all conditions of hire and must be completed, agreed to and signed in person at the Kiosk on the day of hire. Please read this document carefully. If you have any questions about the Hire Conditions we encourage you to ask us at time of booking.
All primary drivers of the vessels need to produce photo ID for verification (eg driver licence). If you rely on the an app for your ID please download and/or screen shot your ID before arriving at Cottage Point as there is no mobile phone reception or WIFI here for you to access apps or the internet.
Payment for the boat or kayak hire charge will be required at time of booking via our online booking system.
The applicable bond charge for your booked vessel/s will be payable at the Kiosk on the day of hire.
Please note that the refund of the bond is not automatic. On return of the vessel the hirer must attend the Kiosk to process a refund of the Bond Charge (less any applicable charges).
Please note that the vessels DO NOT come with a fishing licence. You can read about recreational fishing in NSW at www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational to determine whether you may need to pay the NSW recreational fishing license fee. The Kiosk does not sell fishing licenses so if one is needed it should be obtained before visiting Cottage Point.
Ice, Bait and Tackle is available for sale at the Kiosk General Store.
Please call us if you wish to change or cancel your booking.
Your booking will be cancelled if you are more than 30mins late for your booking if you haven’t advised us otherwise. Please call us if you are running late. No-shows will be charged the full price.
Bookings may only be cancelled without penalty outside 48 hours of the booking unless we deem it necessary to cancel due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Kiosk management will consult www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sydney/cottage-point when making a decision about the conditions. Should any booking not proceed due to unsafe conditions the customer is entitled to a full refund.