Boat & Kayak Hire
COTTAGE POINT KIOSK & BOAT HIRE
Cottage Point is the perfect location to launch your day of adventure on the scenic waterways of Cowan River sheltered by the beautiful evergreen Kuring-gai Chase National Park. The waters are calm and protected, and are plentiful in secluded beaches, natural waterfalls, birdlife and marine life which are best discovered by boat or kayak.
The Kiosk General Store is stocked with everything you need for your day out, from fishing bait and tackle and ice to ice cream, sunscreen and cold drinks. We do takeaway coffee too! You might like to book a table for breakfast or lunch before or after your adventure, or we can package your meal to go.
- Our boats and kayaks are available for hire all year round.
- Hours of operation are 8am until 4pm.
- Bookings are essential
- Call us on 9456 3024 to discuss availability of the vessels and make a booking or email us at [email protected]
NO LICENCE REQUIRED
HIRING BOATS AND KAYAKS
Due to current COVID19 restrictions and marine social distancing regulations:
- Passengers must not show flu like symptoms
- If there are more than 2 people on the boat everyone MUST BE FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD IE THE SAME RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS.
- If the passengers are not from the same household, a maximum of two people may be onboard.
If the Kiosk attendant is not satisfied that your booking fulfils this criteria the booking may be cancelled.
There is a maximum number of persons able to use the vessels. All our boats can take up to 5 people, with some accommodating up to 8. Please consider this when choosing your preferred boat and discuss the best options and COVID19 compliance with the Kiosk staff at time of booking.
Bookings are essential. We recommend bookings are made at least two days in advance.
Bookings can be requested via email at [email protected]
or by phoning 02 9456 3024 during trading hours.
To complete the booking we will require the following information:
- Preferred Vessel
- Preferred Start Time
- Booking Duration
- Number of Passengers
- Contact Name and Number
- Confirmation that all passengers comply with the COVID 19 restrictions
All bookings are subject to availability.
Occasionally we will request payment at time of booking to confirm the booking (busy weekends and peak holiday periods).
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your booking start time to allow time for parking and paperwork. On weekends, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your start time.
- Let us know you have arrived by attending the Kiosk counter located upstairs in the Kiosk building.
- Once you have completed your paperwork and the payment, you will receive a briefing onboard by our Kiosk attendant. The briefing is on your time. It should take no more than 5-10mins. Your briefing is scheduled to start at your booking start time. Please note that if you are late you may have a significant wait for the next available briefing slot and this may reduce your time on the water.
- Unless a delay is the result of Kiosk operations, you will be charged from your booking start time, regardless of whether you start late or how long your briefing takes.
- If you are more than 30mins late for your booking without advising us, we will cancel the booking and release the vessel.
Our Hire Conditions Form will need to be completed on the day by the principal vessel operator and co-signed by any additional drivers.
The form outlines all conditions of hire and must be completed, agreed to and signed in person at the Kiosk on the day of hire. Please read this document carefully. If you have any questions about the Hire Conditions we encourage you to ask us at time of booking.
All primary drivers of the vessels need to produce photo ID for verification (eg driver licence). If you rely on the an app for your ID please download and/or screen shot your ID before arriving at Cottage Point as there is no mobile phone reception or WIFI here for you to access apps or the internet.
Payment will be made on the day before the vessel’s departure. Occasionally we will request payment of the hire fee in advance to confirm the booking (mainly busy weekends and peak holiday periods).
Payment for the hire fee can be paid via card, cash or smart phone banking app.
Payment for the bond charge however must be paid either by cash or a physical debit/credit card. We cannot accept payment of the bond with smart phone banking apps.
Please note that the vessels DO NOT come with a fishing licence. You can read about recreational fishing in NSW at www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational to determine whether you may need to pay the NSW recreational fishing licence fee. The Kiosk does not sell fishing licences so if one is needed it should be obtained before visiting Cottage Point.
Ice, Bait and Tackle is available for sale at the Kiosk General Store.
Please call us if you wish to change or cancel your booking.
Your booking will be cancelled if you are more than 30mins later than your booked start time without advising us beforehand.
If your booking is pre-paid, bookings may only be cancelled without penalty outside 48 hours of the booking, unless:
- a severe weather warning has been issued for this waterway; or
- Kiosk management deem the conditions un-safe eg winds greater than 30knots, electrical storm, debris in water.
Kiosk management will consult www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sydney/cottage-point when making a decision about the conditions.
Should any booking not proceed due to unsafe conditions the customer is entitled to a full refund.